Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Shameless Self Promotion

Since I'm in a such a good mood lately, I'm enjoying it fully, because I know it's not gonna last forever. So, while I'm still full of myself ...

Here's something from Brian K. Vaughan's site;

"As Y races for curtain, Jeff Jensen at ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY named our book the "#1 Comic of 2007" (and Season Eight of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, which I was lucky enough to work on with artist Georges Jeanty, came in at #4). And this year's volume of BEST AMERICAN COMICS (edited by my hero Chris Ware) named Y #41 ("Buttons," the 355 origin story) as one of the "100 Distinguished Comics of the Year." Congrats to Pia Guerra, Goran Sudzuka, Jose Marzan, and the whole Y team."

Thanks, Brian! You're welcome! : )
And, thanks to Mr. Jensen and Mr. Ware, of course!


At home, "Svebor i Plamena" got some media attention. Articles are in Croatian ...
http://www.vjesnik.hr/pdf/2008/01/12/34A34.PDF
http://www.net.hr/kultura/page/2008/01/18/0487006.html
And nice article about me, that had my stupid-looking pic in a printed version. It's left out here, thankfully ... : )
http://www.vjesnik.hr/html/2008/01/19/Clanak.asp?r=pis&c=5
But there's few of them here. From the earlier mentioned promotion ... three stooges!

That would be all for today.
Good night, and good luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moram konstatirati da je i meni "Laku noć i sretno" jedan od najdražih (ako ne i najdraži) filmova koji su izašli u posljednjem desetljeću iz holivudske tvornice snova. ;)
E da, samo nastavi sa samopromocijom jer znaš kako kažu - nakon svake duge, kiša pljušti kad tad. :D

dzuka said...

ha! ti si taj koji me ureko!
i pokis'o sam drugi dan! >:)